Ethics/Ethics

Question
i am lost on my college paper it is saying use the Internet to find a law that was passed in response to business ethical misconduct. write a one page summary of the law and the reason causing it to be enacted. I have been searching is there any way you would be able to help me figure this out i just need to see examples then i could take over from there

Answer
Hi Deanna,  

Look up Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).  This was legislation past as a result of the Enron debacle.  At the same time, there were several other scandals of massive proportions that congress acted very quickly to bring uniformity and regulation to how companies govern themselves.  It has helped many companies do a much better job of governance.

Hope this helps.

Ethics

Ralph Salier