Ethics/ethics

Question
Hi!
There are websites with free video streaming of sports. I think this must be illegal. Many people would go to these websites and watch sports and see nothing immoral about this.
I don't think those people would attend a sporting event without paying (even if it was possible). They would say that it's immoral.
It is actually not too much difference between the first and the second example if we look at ethics and morality, I would say.
What would you say about this?

Answer
Andrew,

I am an ethicist and not a moralist since my training is in philosophy and not theology; however, your example illustrates unethical behavior if the information was not meant to be shared for free.  A good analogy would be someone receiving itunes music for free knowing that the artists get paid from people downloading their music.  In essence, this would be stealing property since there is an expectation that there will be payment.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Ethics

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.