There are websites with free video streaming of sports. I think this must be illegal. Many people would go to these websites and watch sports and see nothing immoral about this.
I don't think those people would attend a sporting event without paying (even if it was possible). They would say that it's immoral.
It is actually not too much difference between the first and the second example if we look at ethics and morality, I would say.
What would you say about this?

I am an ethicist and not a moralist since my training is in philosophy and not theology; however, your example illustrates unethical behavior if the information was not meant to be shared for free.  A good analogy would be someone receiving itunes music for free knowing that the artists get paid from people downloading their music.  In essence, this would be stealing property since there is an expectation that there will be payment.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

In addition to my law degree, I have a master's degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy involving comparative medical, legal and business ethics. I am an adjunct professor at a medical school teaching ethics to healthcare professionals and graduate students.

I can answer questions dealing with general ethics principles, including legal ethics, medical ethics, bioethics and business ethics. I am not a moralist and do not interject subjective values such as what is morally right and wrong. Also, I do not give legal advice over the internet.

For more information, you can view my webiste at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM

I am a licensed attorney, real estate broker and adjunct professor.

Experience in the area
I have been a civil trial attorney since 1989 with a masters degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy involving comparative ethics.

State Bar of Arizona
State Bar of Colorado (inactive)
District of Columbia Bar (inactive)
Federal Bar
Licensed in the Arizona District Court
Licensed in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
licensed in the United States Supreme Court
American Bar Association
American Association for Justice
Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
Kennedy Institute of Ethics
National Association of Realtors

Bachelor of Arts 1985
Juris Doctorate 1989
Master of Arts in Bioethics 2004
Doctorate in Philosophy 2006

Phi Beta Kappa
Multiple Who's Who

A list of my copyrighted publications and presentations is contained at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM