European History/world war 2

my question is that what was the aim of Hitler why he started a war what he want to do? i need a descriptive answer which clear my mind.

Hello The Personage,

Hitler's goals - as demonstrated by his actions and as documented in his writing - in WWII were: to acquire "living space" in Eastern Europe for Germany at the expense of Poland and Russia; to avenge the German defeat in WWI by humiliating France and defeating Great Britain; to comprehensively enhance German power and prestige in Europe; and to eliminate "undesirable" types of people from Europe. Such types included homosexuals, Sinti and Roma, physically and mentally disabled, political dissidents, and - most notably - Jews.

It's worth bearing in mind that Hitler came very close to achieving these goals.

I hope this is helpful!

Thank you,

European History

Marc Aperio

I'm comfortable with each period of European history. I will be glad to respond to any question, and promise a clear, accurate, and simple reply. My personal interests include Medieval Europe, the Reformation, the Enlightenment, and Nazi Germany.

I've studied history for nealy 20 years. I'm currently volunteering in the US and European history categories.

My newest book WE NEED TO TALK: 27 DIALOGUES ON RACE IN AMERICA is available in the Amazon Kindle store. Also the author of AMERICAN REVOLUTION 2016: RATIONALE AND AIMS FOR RADICAL CHANGE

BA History (High Honors)