European History/Irish clan chiefs

What did Irish clan chiefs do?

Hi Charles,

Clan chiefs were the heads of their family. As such, they were responsible for relations among the people in the clan, for making decisions that affected the clan as a whole, and for managing relations with other clans or outside individuals. A clan chief was a tribal leader with the greatest individual influence.

I hope this is helpful!

- Marc

European History

Marc Aperio

I'm comfortable with each period of European history. I will be glad to respond to any question, and promise a clear, accurate, and simple reply. My personal interests include Medieval Europe, the Reformation, the Enlightenment, and Nazi Germany.

I've studied history for nealy 20 years. I'm currently volunteering in the US and European history categories.

My newest book WE NEED TO TALK: 27 DIALOGUES ON RACE IN AMERICA is available in the Amazon Kindle store. Also the author of AMERICAN REVOLUTION 2016: RATIONALE AND AIMS FOR RADICAL CHANGE

BA History (High Honors)