Evolution/Evolution vs 2nd Law of Thermodynamics

Cole wrote at 2014-08-15 21:08:26
The 2nd law of thermodynamics states that within a closed system entropy will inevitably occur.  This is a common tactic used by creationists.  

Here`s what they are missing:  the law refers to a CLOSED system.  But the Earth and it`s BIOSPHERE is NOT A CLOSED SYSTEM.  

The Earth receives a constant input of energy, from the sun.

Just google search or better yet, youtube search ``evolution 2nd law of thermodynamics,`` understand the fallacy, then get back out there and stand up for science to those science denying creationists.

Dana Krempels

I can answer questions about evolutionary mechanisms and theory, including genetic drift, mutation, natural selection, etc. I also can clear up misconceptions about evolution as it's sometimes talked about by those not well-versed in the subject (e.g., some politicians and many religious fundamentalists).

I have a Ph.D. in Biology, and presently teach Evolution and Biodiversity, Genetics, Botany, and Zoology at the University of Miami.

House Rabbit Society Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society

Exotic DVM Magazine (veterinary journal)

B.S. in Biology B.A. in English Ph.D. in Biology