Evolution/History of evolutionary theory

What are some old evolutionary theories?

What did they say?

What do we have to prove evolution now?

There really weren't any "old" evolutionary theories.   The ancient Greeks noted that all animals with internal skeletons were built on the same pattern....a head, body, four limbs and a tail, and yes, humans have tails.  Google "Humans with tails"  Today in modern countries those are removed.  If one lives in Indonesia, one becomes part of a side show to earn money.   Before modern science everything that man could not figure out, was, "god did it".

What do we have to prove evolution now?  Every single branch of science supports evolution from anatomy thru zoolory, to cells to whatever you can name.  Evolution is as true as gravity is true.  There is not one scrap of scientific evidence that shows it to be wrong. Not one.... nada, zip.....

You and I have the same genes as does an oak tree.  You and I have a set of genes that only bilateral animals have... HOX genes.  We share them with every critter that is bilateral...spiders, snakes, horses, dogs, scorpions, birds.  Animals that are not bilateral, such as octupi, squid, corals, etc., do not have these genes.

Read a good book..... The Ancestors Tale.  It is a walk back from today into the beginnings of life, and how we are all related.  You can also google evolution of man for great articles.

In previous eras of our ignorance, say 200 years ago, anything that humans did not understand was god's work....flu, death, earthquakes, storms, lightening, thunder, diseases....all caused by God...the God of the bible in Western civilizations.  Now we know better, and god is now an ever shrinking body of scientific ignorance that gets smaller and smaller every single day.

And watch a few videos.....

2.Do this one too... hugely beautiful

We're all connected,  to each other biologically, to the earth chemically, and to the rest of the universe atomically....we are all made of star stuff.  Super novas gave us the chemicals needed for life.... iron, carbon, etc.  Had there never been any super novas in the universe....exploding stars..... there would be no life anywhere.

Enjoy the videos.... they are just super.

Write if you have more questions.  

Elisabeth DeWald

I've been a public school teacher for 26 years. My major was history, but along the way, picked up minors in math, biology, zoology, and other life sciences. My whole life has been on one side of the desk or the other. Husband and Dad were both MDs so science and medicine was a natural for me. My dad once told me that I knew more medicine than most doctors. I can easily answer almost any life science question, most history questions, and lots of medical questions.

Taught math,history, science, geology, chemistry, biology in a public school setting

None at the present time

Majored in history in college, minored in all those subject mentioned. Masters degree in education. Grad courses, but no degree in religious studies, U of Chicago, Divinity School.

Award at my one of my colleges of Best Student, in History as a year end award.

I tutored for two years in math. Math however, if not used daily fades. My area of competency is in honors first year algebra, at this point.