Evolution/Evolution of sex difference

Question
QUESTION: Ok I want to know if there are any biological reasons some people are born in the body of the wrong sex. It seems that just asking this question is politically incorrect but I just want scientific empirically backed answers.does it have to do with hormone balances and development or is it something else? Thank you!

ANSWER: Actually, there are more than just two sexes....... In parts of Asia, it is accepted that some people display outwardly both feminine and masculine traits, and they are accepted..... if they ever marry, I don't know.

As you know, Bruce Jenner knew from early childhood that he was in the wrong body.  He did not feel masculine, or manly, even tho he married, had sex with women and even sired a child or two.  What one really is is between their ears, not between their legs.  Most of us go thru life accepting we are one or the other, and act accordingly.  Some men simply prefer other men, and as well, some women simply prefer other women.  It has nothing to do with hormones, but those who wish to switch sexes, do have to take hormones to get rid of beards, and develop some breasts in the case of a man.  And in the case of a woman, if she does indeed wish to be masculine, that involves some plastic surgery as well.

So, believing one has been born in the wrong body is a judgment one makes from between the ears, not between the legs.Hormones have nothing to do with that decision of being in the wrong body..... but it will take hormones, and as noted lots of other things, to actually change that body into what one feels one really is.  

Helpful?  

If not, write me directly:  swan_silver1929@aol.com

QUESTION: I apologize if If I sound ignorant but does that mean bieng trans is completely a choice or are they born that way? What makes them come to this contentious choice  or is it a feeling that they can't help but feel? I guess what I am asking is what makes the body one is in feel wrong and how does it feel exactly?

Answer
We are what we are.  And each of us is wired a bit differently, that's all.  

Nothing more, and nothing less.  

Each of us is an individual.  Who we are, and how we feel about ourselves is a personal thing.  Those who later in life, come to realize that the feelings they had about their physical nature early in life,  is not in harmony with their mental nature later in life.

In the US, if you are wealthy enough, you can have treatments, plastic surgery, etc., etc.  There are just as many folks who might be exactly like someone in the US, or Europe with this feeling.  

But if you are in a predominately Muslim country, you marry anyway, you have children any way, because to act differently, would very likely cost you your life.

Evolution

Elisabeth DeWald