Excel/Removing date from time cell

Russ wrote at 2011-11-01 13:18:18
I am currently putting together a "time sheet" which when someone clocks in the macro will enter the current time.  I came across the same problem when a time is manually entered.  The reason for this was using the =now() function enters the time as date/time.  To get around this I am using the formula =now()-today() which will remove the date from the function, which allows me to use the time for calculating hours.  Just an idea, may not help for what you are doing though.

SBedri wrote at 2012-01-19 16:48:58
this is what I used and it worked for me

DATE(YEAR(C2),MONTH(C2),DAY(C2))

Where C2 is the cell number that has the date in this formate

1/19/12 10:05 AM

Eric M. wrote at 2012-08-24 18:53:06
You could also add them together in one formula without the need for those extra cells.

Ex.

A1 = 4/7/2008 6:18:00 AM

B1 = DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1), DAY(A1))

C1 = TIME(HOUR(A1), MINUTE(A1), SECOND(A1))

Mick wrote at 2012-09-25 00:23:35
The EASIEST way is just to do a Text to columns, EVERY other way is a waster of time...

Heather wrote at 2014-01-10 17:50:42
Hi, I did a find and replace. Find *(insert the year) and replace with blank.  It removed all of the dates for that year and left me with just the time.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Rost