Excel/Auto fill

Liam wrote at 2013-05-03 09:43:20
Hi Bill

This is just what I was looking for but the actual answer isn't here! My spreadsheet is static in that I add sales as they occur with each item (Max 5# per sale added as a line, this is so I can use autofilter to see sales by product and size etc. and for stock control. Each sale has an invoice number but this will appear on each line for each product of that sale.

I have an invoice on sheet 2 where I can enter invoice number #drop down list so it is read from sheet 1) and then in the body of the invoice I would use Vlookup to return the details of the line. What I need is for the individual lines on sheet 1 that have the specified invoice number to return the required data to individual lines on the invoice.

I'm sure there is a simple fix but just don't know it. I'm better than most of my contempories on Excel but self taught and not capable in VBA yet so be gentle with me!

Thanks in anticipation,

Liam

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bill Hermanson