Excel/Hyperlinks in Pivot Table

pivotgirl wrote at 2011-12-07 19:07:45
Thank you so much for the answer.  My co-worked searched a dozen forums...we are grateful to have found yours!

drsthlm wrote at 2012-10-24 17:18:12
Hi! If you dont want every line in your pivot to be an URL then you can place this IF statement:

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

On Error Resume Next

'Select wich lines to be an URL - in this case first two letters in Target refering to a serverpath _

change number 2 to 3 and "\" to "www" if you want it to link to web-adresses.

If Left(Target.Value, 2) = "\" Then

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Target.Value, NewWindow:=True

End If

End Sub

Cheers! And thank you so much for the code!

Best Regards,

drsthlm

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas