Excel/Protecting Formulas in Excel 2010

Thomas Sabol wrote at 2014-07-29 23:07:23
Mr. Tom Ogilvy, you did not answer Lori's question. Her question is, "Can you protect the formulas of a cell only while leaving the contents of the cell editable by the user?" You answered that some some can be locked/protected while leaving other cells open for editing. This does not answer the question of how to keep the formula of a cell locked while allowing the cell to be typed into. There is a big difference.

Tom Ogilvy wrote at 2014-11-04 16:56:48
Thomas Sabol,

That would be true if you understood what she asked.  She did not ask that the manager be able to edit a cell with a formula or overwrite a formula.  I think my answer was focused on exactly what she was asking.  

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.