Excel/How to add multiple IF function

I want to add multiple IF function so that if any of the condition get true and give a different result for each IF function.
My example is as follows.

But the problem is that the condition 1 becomes true and other conditions dont work if i change the value of A1 above 55.

Kindly reply

As you have discovered, the first true condition will be the one that is executed - so the solution is to reverse the order of the tests

=IF(A1>=60,2, IF(A1>=55,1.7, IF(A1>=50,1.3,"")))

which NOW means that they will be processed in order.  An alternative would be to use vlookup instead of multiple if statements.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!