Excel/CONVERTING EMPTY CELLS

Question
Hello!  I download a report on a monthly basis and paste it into a worksheet.  This worksheet feeds the info over to an organizational chart located on another worksheet.  There are four columns on the downloaded report that has cells that are sometimes blank.  When I paste the monthly report I am trying to get these blank cells to automatically read as four zeros ("0000").  So I am looking for a formula that can be locked in to these columns so that it will continuously do this without having to renter the formula every month.  I have tried to use the F5/Specials/Blanks function, but it still doesn't add the four zeros I am looking to have.  Any help you can provide is appreciated!  Thanks!

Answer
There's no formula to automatically make blanks be 0000, but after F5/Special/Blanks, you can enter '0000 but hold the ctrl key down before pressing enter and it'll fill them all at once. Put the leading quote in (which won't show) or 4 zeros will show as one.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas