Excel/Excel Formual

I could use your help writing a formula to look up a value set by two conditions. Below is an example of the report I am using.

A        B    C     D
Desc.    Qty  Size  Name
        100  3     Pipe
        4    3     Joint
        200  NA    Excavation

I need a formula that will find (anywhere in Col 'A') "USAN". Then find "Excavation" (specific to USAN). And lastly return the Quantity (Qty) of excavation.

Is this possible. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Josh,

I don't know your excel version so the solution is given for multiple versions.

For excel 2003

For excel 2007 / 2010

Hope that helps!

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

[Overview] Having hands-on experience with Excel, I can able to answer questions which is related to Conditional Formatting, Goal Seek, Scenarios, Subtotal, Validation, Pivot Table, Shared Workbook, Excel Sheet / Workbook Protection, Excel Settings, Excel Shortcuts and the Two Major & Massive Key Areas of Excel (i.e.) Worksheet Functions and Excel VBA (Macro).

[Services] Volunteer in many of the Excel Discussion Groups / Forums and answered more than 10,000+ questions (approx.)

[Client FAQs] My Solution Files

[Not Interested In] Chart Questions

[Something Controversial]
*50% of answers never been read by the questioner's.
*Only 5% of questioner's provide feedback about the suggested answers.

Vast Experience

Ms-Office, Oracle, Foxpro, C, COBOL etc.,