Excel/sum of all elements of a matrix

Question
Hello sir.I need to find out the sum of all the elements of a matrix.This matrix is of 2000x2000(rows x columns).Please help me to find this sum in microsoft excel 2007.

Answer
Hi Vivek,

You could use the Sum() function to add up all the elements of the matrix, just as you would use the sum() function to add up all the elements of a given row or column.

Do let me know if you have further questions on this requirement.

Amal
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Amal