Excel/truncating data before hyphen

I have cells that have a web address then an email address separated by a space then a hyphen then another space. The problem is that there aren't a consistent no. of characters in either the web address or the email . I only want the email address so it's a matter of getting rid of everything before the hyphen and the space following space. Examples: - - -  

You should be able to handle it by using the text to columns feature.
with this you can put into separate columns the web address and the e-mail address and then delete (if you want to) the web address.
So for example the cell that has -

Can be separated into two columns, the first containing
and the second containing

To do this first paint or select all of the data you want to separate, then go to toolbar/data/text to columns.  Selected delimited check the "space" box and also check the "other" box  and next to the other box put in a - or hyphen, then click finish.

Hope this helps

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Richard Roberts

Can assist you in most areas of Excel, have been working with it for about 15 years in many types of applications, but primarily in financial and accounting applications. I am a CPA and many client or client problems have necessitated the use of excel. I am not an expert in charting, macros, or pivot tables.

Have been working with Excel for about 20 years primarily in accounting and financial areas.

BA, Certified Public Accountant