Excel/Array results

When looking at an array of numbers

0 0 0 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

Each corresponding in a column under a time (ie in this example the array starts at 630 am and goes by 15 minute intervals to 9am then goes from 3pm to 6pm in 15 minute intervals - so at 715 and we go need 1 teacher, at 745am we need 2 teachers and at 845 we need three teachers.

I need to be able to have excel look at the full array and send me data back like:

Staffing needs
715am - 1 teacher
745am - 2 teachers
845am - 3 teachers
415pm - 2 teachers
500pm - 1 teacher
530PM - 0 teachers

can you help me??

Hi there John,

Based on what you just asked me I would use the following formula to work out how many teachers are needed in a column

Just copy the formula across or down to suit your needs.

Please advise if this worked for you

Enjoy your day and thank you for your question

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Anything relating to Excel formulae and VBA I can answer Unfortunately dont know COBOL

Over 15 years of VBA

Belong to no bodies purce but I help where I can

University of Cape Town (Computer Science Degree)