Excel/Combining IF Formulas

I am trying to combine the following formulas but am not having any success. Both formulas work individually.

I am trying to combine the second formula after the COUNTIF part so that if AE5>30 either BR or LR are returned. If AE5 <30 then the other formulas should apply.

Can you offer any suggestions?

I can't get it to work either, and I can't see exactly where the issue is.
What I usually do when I have formulas that work independently is let them stand alone, and create a third IF formula that works based on the results of the others.  This is usually pretty easy to do and is obviously easily hidden someplace on the worksheet so it doesn't sit in the middle of the data that you want to display.

Sorry I couldn't get it to work, but maybe this suggestion will help.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Richard Roberts

Can assist you in most areas of Excel, have been working with it for about 15 years in many types of applications, but primarily in financial and accounting applications. I am a CPA and many client or client problems have necessitated the use of excel. I am not an expert in charting, macros, or pivot tables.

Have been working with Excel for about 20 years primarily in accounting and financial areas.

BA, Certified Public Accountant