Excel/conditional formatting hilighting

Question
Dear Sir,
Cell A1:A12 I have formula =randbetween(1,21)
cell C1=1,cell C2=2,cell C3=3,cell D1=4,cell D2=5,cell D3=6....cell I1=19, cell I2=20, cell I3=21. This is my layout. My question is i want to conditional format and fill with yellow only those cells within range C1:I3 whose value matches with A1:A12. Please show me what formula i put in conditional format to achive this.

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Sahil,

You need to enter this formula in the conditional formating dialog box for cell C1: =MATCH(C1,$A$1:$A$12),0) and select the format you want to use.

For cell C2, the conditional formatting will be =MATCH(C2,$A$1:$A$12),0) and so on.

User the format painter to copy the formatting from C1 to the remaining range.

Hope this helps.

Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI