Excel/copy files

Question
Hi there

I am trying to copy about a dozen files into one file.  I highlight the file, CTRL + C, go to the target file CTRL P and nothing happens. (The clipboard is empty it says. Tried again, this time I highlighted the top A1  - now I get a message that I can only paste into the A1 cell. However, when I do this, it will copy on the existing data that I already have and want to save and delete at the same time the existing data! How can I copy into the existing file that already has some data on it?  I was told about the VBA process but it seems to complex to me.  I am comfortable with copy and paste ...  

Please explain step by step,   This Excel 2010

Thanks you.   Gabe

Answer
Hi Gabe!
How are you?

I assume you want to copy a sheet from one source file into a sheet of a target file.

1. Open the 2 files
2. Switch to the source file
3. Select the range you want to copy
4. Ctrl C
5. Choose the sheet of the target file
6. Select A1
7. Ctrl P

Repeat this for all the other files.

Cheers
Adelaide  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Adelaide carvalho