Excel/copying the last columns

Question
QUESTION: Hi Tom,

Im quite new to VB and would like some assistance in trying to copy the last 8 columns of data into the the last 4 columns of data.

e.g. copying columns "M:T" and pasting in columns "Q"

please note that the last 4 columns contains formulas and would like to retain that in the pasting.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Ebbe

ANSWER: Ebbe,

Range("M:T").EntireColumn.Copy Range("Q:Q").Entirecolumn

copy and paste should copy and paste the formulas

if you didn't want the formulas copied; only the values it would be

Range("M:T").EntireColumn.Copy

Range("Q:Q").Entirecolumn.PasteSpecial xlValues

--
Tom Ogilvy

QUESTION: Hi Tom, thanks for the speedy response.

I was looking for a VB code, that would do this for me, as the range to be copied would change evry time. Trying to move away from the manual process.

Again any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards

Ebbe

Answer
Ebbe,

that is VB code.  

It isn't manual

>as the range to be copied would change evry time

Then how do you intend to indicate what ranges to copy and were to copy it?  

Sorry, but I responded to the question asked and provided the code to do what you described.  

Unfortunately I won't be available for a while, so maybe you want to address this with Bob Umlas.  

Sorry, but I can only answer what you ask.

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy