Excel/Copying template to workbook

Question
I need to copy my template sheet to other sheets in the same workbook, but here is where the tricky part comes in.  If I make changes to my template sheet I need those changes to be incorporated to the other duplicates of the template.  Is this even possible in excel?

Answer
It is possible to change multiple sheets in excel by making the changes in only one sheet. Here's what you do:
Assuming you have to change the formatting of cell A1 in sheets 1, 2 and 3, where the three sheets are completely identical.
1. Press and hold Ctrl key and select the sheets you want to impact. The tab colour will become white indicating the sheets that have been selected.
2. Goto cell A1 of the first sheet and make the required changes.

Now, when you go to the other sheets, you will see that the changes have been impacted. This method also works for updating data, formulae, inserting / deleting rows / columns across multiple sheets in a single go.

Hope this helps

Gulshan
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI