Excel/Countif with match and multiple criteria

Count if
Count if  
Hi Gulshan
I am trying to creat a formula for counting the exact match and multiple criteria but couldn't will you please assist me.Below are the detials.
Column B with all the assets (4 Types, Dell 660 Latptop,Dell 1450 desktop,Dell 1560 Laptop,HP 2340 desktop)
Column C with the equipment status. (9 Types,On Loan, On Location, Pending Assembly, RFF, In reline, Need Reline, In M/C Shop and Short Length)
Now I want to calculate
"Avail" (That calculate On Loan + On Location + Pending Assembly + RFF) ,
"Reline" (that calculate Reline)
"To Reline" (that calculate need Reline)
"Machine Shop" (that calculate In M/C Shop)
"Junk" (that calculate Short Length)
I also attached the snap shot as well.
Thanks for your time.

Dear Zafar,

This can be handled using COUNTIFS function in msexcel.

You need to list all the statuses in a separate range, say E2:E10. Assuming your data is in A1 to C25 as shown in your excel, you would need to use the COUNTIFS formula in following combinations:

1. for row 1 (model 660) and column (avail) = =COUNTIFS($B$2:$B$25,A30,$C$2:$C$25,$E$7)+COUNTIFS($B$2:$B$25,A30,$C$2:$C$25,$E$8)+COUNTIFS($B$2:$B$25,A30,$C$2:$C$25,$E$2)+COUNTIFS($B$2:$B$25,A30,$C$2:$C$25,$E$9)

2. for row 1 (model 660) and column (reline) = =COUNTIFS($B$2:$B$25,A30,$C$2:$C$25,$E$3)

Interestingly, once you have the formula working, it will start making sense to you.

Please see the screenshot where I have highlighted the two result boxes.

I think this should meet your requirements.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India