Excel/creation of inventory closing balance

Im currently working with excel trying to create a formula will add new inventory to the opening balance when purchase and reduce when issue.

Hello Benjamin,

The question is not specific on what layout of the sheet you are using.

However, assuming you have 4 columns in the excel namely - opening bal. , purchase, issue, closing bal., then you can use the following formulae combinations to achieve what you need.

opening bal. : =(link to previous closing balance, i.e. earlier row)
purchases: this will be actual purchases
issues: this will be actual issues
closing bal. : =(opening bal. + purchases - sales)

Hope this helps,
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India