Excel/Not getting my formula right - PLEASE HELP

Question
Formula is =IF(AND((I46:I50)>0,(I46:I50)<=AK$22,AK7<AK$21),AK$5,AK$33)

Basically I am getting the answer if there is no range selected and if the selection for IF formula is only a cell.

For eg: If i do the following formula below, i will get it right

=IF(AND((I46)>0,(I46)<=AK$22,AK7<AK$21),AK$5,AK$33)

The difference is I am unable to select a range i.e.(I46:I50). Gives me a error "Value"

Answer
Dean

Your formula needs to be entered as an array formula and it should work fine.

To enter the formula as an array formula---
First create the formula in the cell but when you enter it do it by holding down the control and the shift key and then hit enter.
Excel will add a { } at the beginning and end of the formula which makes it an array formula.

Hope this works for you.

Richard
Florida
USA
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts