Excel/Not getting my formula right - PLEASE HELP

Formula is =IF(AND((I46:I50)>0,(I46:I50)<=AK$22,AK7<AK$21),AK$5,AK$33)

Basically I am getting the answer if there is no range selected and if the selection for IF formula is only a cell.

For eg: If i do the following formula below, i will get it right

The difference is I am unable to select a range i.e.(I46:I50). Gives me a error "Value"

Your formula needs to be entered as an array formula and it should work fine.

To enter the formula as an array formula---
First create the formula in the cell but when you enter it do it by holding down the control and the shift key and then hit enter.
Excel will add a { } at the beginning and end of the formula which makes it an array formula.

Hope this works for you.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Richard Roberts

Can assist you in most areas of Excel, have been working with it for about 15 years in many types of applications, but primarily in financial and accounting applications. I am a CPA and many client or client problems have necessitated the use of excel. I am not an expert in charting, macros, or pivot tables.

Have been working with Excel for about 20 years primarily in accounting and financial areas.

BA, Certified Public Accountant