Excel/Freeze Panes

Question
I hope you can help me with this basic question.  I am wanting to freeze the panes on my excel sheet, but I can not remember where to find the link to do this.  I am only wanting to freeze the first row.

Thanks,

Ray

Answer
Hello Ray,  Thank you for your question and the opportunity to assist you.

I am going to assume you are using Excel 2007 or 2010.  If not, in a follow-up question let me know which version you are using and I will provide a more specific answer applicable to the version you are using.

In Excel 2007 or 2010, click on "View" and on the right side of the ribbon you will see "Freeze Panes."  Click on "Freeze Panes" and three options appear.  If you only want the first row frozen, click on the middle option, "Freeze Top Row."

Hopefully this helped you solve your problem.  If not, or if you need additional help on this issue, let me know.

Thanks,

David
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

David W. Cofer