Excel/Hide Rows with Errors

Question
Excel 2010

You answered a question about Hiding Rows by using a MACRO as noted below.  I want to hide rows that have errors in them.  I have an INDEX formula in a multi-sheet workbook and some of the criteria doesn't always exist, so I want to hide the rows with #N/A.  The column that has the error is "I"

My Formula (though I don't think you need it) =INDEX(SUPINC!$A$11:$J$400, MATCH(C13,SUPINC!$B$11:$B$400,), MATCH("Variance 2",SUPINC!$A$11:$J$11,))

YOUR PREVIOUS ANSWER from 2004
You can certainly run a macro.  You haven't said which column to key on, but assume column E

Sub HideRows()
Dim cell as Range, rng as Range
Cells.Rows.Hidden = False
On error resume Next
set rng = Columns(5).SpecialCells(xlConstants,xlNumbers)
ON Error goto 0
for each cell in rng
if cell.Value = 0 then
  cell.EntireRow.Hidden = True
end if
Next
End Sub

the argument xlconstants assumes constant values in the column.  If the values are produced by formula, then use xlFormulas rather than xlConstants.

conditional formatting can not hide or unhide rows.

You could also apply a filter, such as the Autofilter under the Data menu.  Even though the name Autofilter implies the filtering would be dynamic, it is not.  You have to apply the filter, but that is not (if you are not familiar with autofilter).

--
Tom Ogilvy

Answer
Kim,

Believe this should work.  It unhides all the hidden rows first incase a hidden row should now be unhidden.  If you don't want that then comment out

Cells.EntireRow.Hidden = False

by preceding with a single quote

'Cells.EntireRow.Hidden = False

Sub HideRows()
Dim rng as Range
Cells.Rows.Hidden = False
On error resume Next
' column I is column 9
set rng = Columns(9).SpecialCells(xlFormulas, xlErrors)
On Error goto 0
if not rng is nothing then
  rng.Entirerow.Hidden = True
End if
End Sub

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy