Excel/lookup value

Question
LOOKUP QUESTION 2
LOOKUP QUESTION 2  
Please see the attached sheet.

Thanks & Regards
Abdul Rehman

Answer
Abdul,

Assume the first group is in A1:A9 in sheet1
second group is in E1:E9 in sheet2
third group is in I1:I8 in sheet3
the M3:M5 is in sheet4

cell B13 is in Sheet1
the formula in B16 would be:

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$9,Sheet1!$B$13)>0,Sheet4!$M$3,IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!$E$1:$E$9,Sheet1!$B$13)>0,Sheet4!$M$4,IF(COUNTIF(Sheet3!$I$1:$I$8,Sheet1!$B$13)>0,Sheet4!$M$5,0)))

if your actual sheet names include a space such as My House, then you would enclose that in single quotes such as

=countif('My House'!$E$1:$E$9, . . .

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy