Excel/macro that will use reference to generate a report

Question
QUESTION: Hi Bob ! How R You ?

I am working with a workbook named "masterdata" which have consumer data in columns A to AT every column have a header having the consumer details. Every consumer is registered with a unique id in column "B".

I need to create different reports with this data where consumer id is always used to identify every consumer and to generate a report.

I want to create a macro program that will allow me to generate these reports and allow me to choose with which header references i want to generate the report and when i enter a unique id in cell b it pull the related data from masterdata which i were chose.

for a example : the masterdata work book sheet1 has data in cell a to AT with different headers...

Suppose i want to create a report with headers having details from column headers c e g h i k and at then the macro will work like..

as i enter a id in column "B2" it pull the data related to the id from column c e g h i k and at and paste the information next to id and continue to do the same for column b.

Kindly reply if its possible. If required i can send you the file

ANSWER: sounds like all you need do is filter by the id so only those rows with that id would show. What am i missing?

QUESTION: not exactly ! WHAT I WANT IS TO CREATE A MACRO THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO CHOOSE AMONG THE HEADERS TO CREATE THE REPORT RELATED TO SEARCHED ID NUMBER. LIKE IF I NEED TO CREATE A REPORT HAVING HEADERS IN COLUMNS C, D, E, G, H, I,K ETC

AS I CLICK THE BUTTON IT WILL ASK ME WHICH HEADERS DO I WANT TO CHOOSE TO CREATE THE REPORT... THEN FOR EXAMPLE IF I CHOOSE COLUMN C, D, E, G, H, I,K
WHAT IT WILL DO..

1. IT WILL CREATE A NEW SHEET
2. COPY AND PASTE HEADINGS OF CHOSEN COLUMNS WITH HEADINGS STARTING FROM COLUMN "C".
3. WHEN I ENTER ANY ID NUMBER IN COLUMN "B" IT WILL SEARCH THE ID NUMBER IN MASTERDAT AND IF FOUND A MATCH COPY AND PASTE THE RELATED DATA FROM C, D, E, G, H, I,K FIELDS AND DO THE SAME FOR NEXT

THANKS AND REGARDS
AMIT

Answer
Sub Extractor()
   Set curr = ActiveSheet
   Set rg = Application.InputBox("Select columns you want - if they're not together, hold the ctrl key down", Type:=8)
   Set rg = Intersect(Rows(1), rg.EntireColumn)
   rg.Copy
   Sheets.Add
   Range("C1").PasteSpecial
   x = Range("IV1").End(xlToLeft).Column - 2
   Range("C2").Resize(100, x).FormulaR1C1 = "=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet1!R1:R1048574,MATCH(RC2,Sheet1!C2,0),MATCH(R1C,Sheet1!R1,0)),"""")"
End Sub
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas