Excel/Multiple Rows in one Cell

Dear Mr.Aidan,

I really thank & appreciate the service you & your team providing. I like to know how we can paste multiple rows in one cell by separating with symbols like (.) (,) (&)

5444, 5445, 5446 .....

Copying and pasting as such will keep the individual contents of cells, so you would need to adopt an alternative strategy - I can think of a couple of possible avenues

(1) Paste into Word, use replacement tools (table to text, paragraph marks to delimiter) to get the data into the format you want, then copy and paste back to excel
(2) Use a User Defined Function to pull the data across - one such function exists (though would need modification) in the sheet I created for a similar question -
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!