Excel/Returning a text answer from a list

Hi there!
I'm trying to put together a multiple sheet workbook for our business.  Is there a way I can enter a name in a cell on one page and have a text response pop up on another sheet.  For example, if I type in "Madison Suite" for a venue name, it returns "No stairs".  If I type "Ballroom", it returns "Elevator", etc.  I know I'll have to string all the responses but I can't figure out the syntax.
Thanks for any help!

Hi Jeff,

This absolutely possible using Excel's IF function.

Just so I am clear, are you wanting this to automatically populate or only to populate when a value is entered, etc.?

If you can provide images of your workbook with what you would like to happen and when, I can walk you through the steps.

Kind Regards,
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I am proficient in all areas of MS Excel, including Visual Basic (Macros), Charting, Graphing, Custom User Forms, Template Layout and Creation, Developer Add-ins, Active-X Controls, Setting Advanced Properties, XML Data and Workbook Protection.

I have an extensive educational, vocational and business background extending over 12 years in information technology.

Association of Information Technology Professionals IEEE Computer Society Texas Professionals Texas Young Professionals Excel Developers Excel Blackbelts

Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) Program Microsoft Office Expert Program