Excel/searched the entered value in multiple workbooks

Question
masterdata
masterdata  
Hi Gulshan ! How r U ?

My question is -

I have Five workbooks all in a single folder -

1. master data - all of our consumer's information
2. daily report - daily consumer visitors log file
3. daily payment - consumer bill payment information
4. misc payment - consumer complaint fees information
5. total unpaid - data of consumers who have not paid there bills

What I Need to do is -

Every consumer has a unique id -

I want to write a macro in workbook "daily Report" in sheet1 where the headers are ....

A       B       C       D       E       F        G         H
a/c no.  book    conn   name    add1    add2   bill_amo  paid_Rs.

i          j        k
payment date  Misc     date

1 .I want when i enter a unique id in "A/C No." field in first step -- go to workbook "masterdata" and find the given value in "a/c no." columns and if found copy and past related information in book, conn, name, add1,add2....

2. Now in second step i want it to go to workbook"total unpaid" and find the given value in "a/c no." field and if found copy the related data from "Bill amo" field and paste in Bill_amo field in workbook "Daily Report".

3. now in third step go to workbook daily payment and find the given value in A/c No. field and if found copy the related value from Paid_Rs. and payment date fields paste in Paid_Rs and payment date field in workbook "Daily Report".

4. now in fourth step go to workbook misc payment and do the same find the given value in a/c no field if found copy related data from "misc" field and paste in "misc" field in workbook "Daily Report".

If you will allow me i can send you all these files .

Thanks & Regards
Amit Rajput

Answer
Hello Amit,

I have a feeling that you can meet this requirement by using Vlookup. It would be more helpful if you could send the files so I can give a better answer. (please ensure that the files do not contain any confidential information.)

Gulshan.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

GULSHAN PURSWANI