Excel/apperaing dollar sign

Question

Glad to be back.I have a small issue with appearance on formula bar.I have a value in cell A1.say the value is 260.The cell is formatted to currency $.So that whenever we type any number in the cell the value will be shown with $ in the prefix.But what i want is the dollar sign should also appear in the formula bar when i select cell A1.I badly need this.Your help is greatly appreciated.

Selwyn.

Answer
Hi Selwyn,

I believe you are cross posting your questions with each experts which is not fair, since you are wasting each of our time.  

We are volunteers just spending our time to help someone but due to cross posting you are making our concept worthless.

I know the above words are something harmful and which i typed intentionally, because I seen your cross posting messages with other experts (In Private) for the same question which you asked with me earlier.

Please ask your question with AN expert (whoever you feel) and if you don't get the expected outcome then you can approach other expert by providing the link of your earlier thread.

Please have a look in the below link which is well drafted earlier to know what happens if you cross post your questions.
http://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184-A-message-to-forum-cross-posters

For the above query you should keep the cell formatting as text or the value of A1 should be entered by preceding single quote ' to make the cell entry as text which will leads the data to appear in formulabar with $ symbol as expected.  Or VBA solution will help you to achieve this...

Hope this helps!

---

Sixthsense
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Sixthsense