Excel/cell location

I have many workbooks with as many as 100 sheets per workbook.  I want to be able to look at one particular cell on each sheet and be able to click through the sheets and have the cell I want to be highlighted so I can check a total on each sheet.  I cannot find any directions on how to do this.  I tried grouping the sheets and using GoTo (F5) the cell number.  It worked for a few sheets, then stopped and I had to navigate to the cell manually.  When my spreadsheets were in Lotus, I could put group mode on and go directly to the cell on each sheet.  Can you help?

group mode and the F5 thing should work just fine. No idea why it didn't. However, you can use this alternative.
Go to the VBE, double-click the "ThisWorkbook" object, put in this code
Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
   Range("F3").Select  '<====change to the cell you want
End Sub

and every sheet will have that cell activated when you select it.

The only down side is that you'd have to put this procedure into every workbook (not worksheet) you want this to happen it. But it's fairly trivial.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Bob Umlas

I`m a Microsoft Excel MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and have been since the inception of the program in 1995. I can answer every kind of Excel question except: API, Importing/exporting to other programs (powerpoint, word,...) Also check out my in-person training link at http://www.thumbtack.com/ny/new-york/excel-training/

Worked with MS Excel since version 0.99 (on the Mac!). Was contributing editor to Excellence Magazine, having written >300 articles. John Walkenbach said of me "I finally met someone who knows as much about Excel as I do."

Excellence, The Expert, Microsoft

BA in math, Hofstra University, 1965

Led sessions for the Convergence 2004-2006 seminar on Excel tips & tricks