Excel/Conditional Formula

Question
Hi - I want to apply a conditional formula to a range of values.
i understand the conditional formatting basics.

Simply I want to highlight cells that are less than 75, down to and including 0.

Using the 'between' function in conditional formula if I go for 'between -1 and 75' it highlights blanks cells as well, despite formatting all the cells as numbers.

I'd like to define a custom formula and use this so that blanks are excluded from CF. what would formula be ?

thanks in advance for any help.

Answer
Dave
The easiest way---
The trick is to make the cells not blank if they have nothing in them excel assumes that they are zero whether they are formatted as numbers or text.

The way to fool excel is put an apostrophe in the cells that are zero.  The apostrophe will not show but in your conditional formatting formula excel assumes that they are not zero and therefore does not include them in the conditional format.

Hope this works for you.

Richard
Florida
USA
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts