Excel/convertion on number to time

Question
error 1
error 1  

error 2
error 2  
i have some error with this formula, plz slove this

=TIMEVALUE(INT(A1)&":"&ROUND((A1-INT(A1))*100,0)&":00")

Answer
Girish B G

worked fine for me.  

with 10.2 in A1 it evaluated to:   =TIMEVALUE("10:20:00")

However, in my version of Excel (US English), the comma is a list separator.  If in your version of excel, something else is the list separator and the comma is the decimal character, then your round function would be missing the second argument.  It would evaluate to

=TimeValue(10&":"&Round(0.2*100)&":0")

because  *100,0 would be interpreted as  100 with no second argument. Try replacing the comma with your list separator character.  

--
Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy