Excel/create a function in excel

Question
Im working in excel 2010 and I need to create a function that will sum the range listed in G3 and for the rep listed in E4. and i need to get some of the info from the other worksheet. which function should i use?

Answer
Well adding G3 and E4 is just as simple as this:

=G3+E4

Now if you have to get data from another sheet, you just refer to it's sheet tab name in your equation, like:

=Sheet1!A4

It's that easy. See this tutorial for more: Excel Copy & Paste Link Between Two Sheets

Be sure to visit my web site and watch my FREE 90-minute Microsoft Excel Video Tutorial

Cordially,
Richard Rost
599CD Computer Training  
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Rost