Excel/Creating game matches

Hi Mr. Heritage;

I was wondering if you can help me with this task.

I am trying to create a Championship calendar for 36 football soccer teams, I have not been successful on creating all required combinations and meet the following requirements:

•Total 36 teams.
•Two teams per game.
•All teams must play in the same day and each team must face only one game per day.
•Along the championship all teams are required to face each other ONCE.
•One team can't play against it own.

I am very positive you will be able to help me as you have before.

Thank you very much.

Sorry for the delay in replying - in essence, this is similar to a pick 2 from 36 lottery EXCEPT that you have to ensure you order the results in the right way - I would be able to write this BUT I suspected that this would have been a query made many times before, so googled it for you and I think that

would give you what you wanted off the peg as it were.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Aidan Heritage

I have provided first hand support since `95 for Microsoft Office majoring in Word and Excel - support for all versions from 2 onwards. I'm based in the UK, so please allow for time differences when asking me questions from other parts of the world!

My background is in the insurance industry and call centre areas, but have been called upon to provide many varied solutions.

I'm educated to UK A level standard, but as I left school some 30 years ago that is rather irrelevent - university of life has provided more of a background!