Excel/getting ecell to display data between dates

Hi Tom,
You helped me produce a spreadsheet where I input wind direction in degrees and it displays the results in actual direction such as NE, SW etc. This sheet has proved to be very successful but I now want to take it a step further and show the results from a instrument which measures H2s (hydrogen sulphide) .

using excel 2010 I have column(A) which has the date and time (B) has Telemetry data copied and pasted from our telemetry system. This data is in the form of a number, Column (C) has the measure scale which in this case is in PPM (parts per million)  The telemetry trend which I copy and paste has information for every 15 minutes so as you can imagine there is an awful lot of data available.

What I want to do if it is possible is to have a sheet with a page for each month which I copy the data to and a page with a nice box which asks for the date and time range for the data you want displayed and then displays the data requested. I would also like it to display the average of the data requested. so if I had the sheet now and I wanted to know the data for March the 15th between 19.00 hrs and 23.30 hrs it would only display this data, or if i wanted the data for between 2 different dates it would do the same.

Eventually I want to end up with a sheet that is capable of displaying the data from 3 sources including the wind direction stuff but I think if you could show me the way to do it for one I hope to be able to do the rest myself, although I might be aiming a bit high !!!!!

any help would be awesome, I could send you a copy of one of my sheets if it would help.

I am not sure of your use of the word page - generally if you print a worksheet, the sheet could have 1 or more pages defined by the print capabilities of the selected printer or if hard coded pagebreaks, then those would be factored in.  I suspect that is not what you mean by page.  So if you want to send a sample sheet with the output sheet showing and example of the type of output you would like to see (and where everything is located), I can provide some help.

send to

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.