Excel/Excel Autopopulating

Question
I have a dollar amount in one column, I want to multiply that dollar amount by .70% and have the answer autopopulate into the next column as soon as the original dollar amount is entered.
Can you help me with that please?

Answer
Dear Gail,

Please input 70% in one of the cell like B13 below and correspond to $ column multiply like below formula. Now if you change 70% to other % the result would be automatically given. Please send me your email id I would share sample file. Hope that would help.

B13= 70%

A15 10   =A15*$B$13
A16 20   ;=A16*$B$13
A17 30   =A17*$B$13
A18 40   =A18*$B$13
A19 100   =A19*$B$13

Ariful
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Ariful Mondal