Excel/How to exctract data

I am new to VB macros and it is urgent to solve this problem for my boss. I have one excel table and a chart that's created from it. That's all OK, but he wants me to create another table from that chart like this : read detailed X values from chart and to write (new X and Y)automatically in another table. For example :
in first table X values are 0.5, 1, 1.5..., and now he wants to read from diagram what is Y if X is 0.1,0.2,0.3,....and to automatically fill X and Y in table 2.

So, I would be in trouble if don't solve this in next couple of days.

Hi Deana,

There are macros out there which should be able to do what you need, but it also depends on the kind of chart and complexity of data which you are using.

I can help you better if you could send me a copy of your chart and the original data.

My email - . Please mention AllExperts in the subject line.

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

I can answer questions related to the following topics: 1. MS Excel - Creating and Linking Formulae, Running Pivot Tables, Vlookup etc. 2. Macros / VBA - Creating Macros to do specific jobs. Importing / Exporting / Validating Data in excel through Macros.

I've been working on excel for over 10 years and on VBA macros for over 3 years now.

Bachelor of Commerce, Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India