Excel/index and match issue

Question
Hi Tom
I have sent a workbook to you which will, hopefully, clarify my earlier question.  In it there are six worksheets.  The "termlyassessment" worksheet is supplied with information, via  your earlier index/match formula,  from all of the other worksheets.  
At the moment only the data for "AUT1" has any grades because "AUT2" (Autumn 2) has not yet finished.  When I, or any of my colleagues, am given the next set of data, all I will have to do is copy and paste it into the appropriate sheet  E.G  Year/Grade 7 data will be copied and pasted into PON7.
However when we receive the new data for "AUT2" the data for "AUT1" will have been removed.  So when the new data is copied and pasted, the scores for "AUT1" will disappear in the "termlyassessment" worksheet.  
I am trying to find a quick  VBA solution to avoid this.  
Thank you for your patience.
Chris Mitchell

Answer
Chris,

this code worked for me as I understand the requirement. It replaced the formulas in column B but left the formulas in E, H, K, N, Q intact in your workbook in the sheet termylyassessment.

Sub ABC()
Dim v As Variant, s As String
Dim sh As Worksheet, srng As String
Dim i As Long, r As Range
Set sh = Worksheets("termlyassessment")
v = Array("B", "E", "H", "K", "N", "Q")
s = "XX3:XX1000"
For i = LBound(v) To UBound(v)
srng = Replace(s, "XX", v(i))
Set r = sh.Range(srng)
If Application.CountIfs(r, "<>0", r, "<>_") > 3 Then
r.Formula = r.Value
End If
Next
End Sub

--
Tom Ogilvy
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Tom Ogilvy