Excel/Nested If Statement exceeding limit

Question
PH Tax
PH Tax  
I need help in creating an excel file where employees' tax due can be validated. I am being trained in payroll and i want to double check the accuracy of employees' deductions using excel.

The attached screenshot shows 3 parts:
Upper portion is the formula tho compute for a person's withholding tax.
MIddle portion is the Tax table from revenue bureau.
Lower Portion is how i want it to look like.

What I wanted to do is copy and paste the salary information and tax status of employees (in bulk) and the excel file can populate the amount of taxes based on the table provided.

I tried to create a nested IF statement but it says too many formulas were entered.

Help please..

Answer
There is a limit for nesting of brackets, but generally this indicates that the formula could be refined - in this instance, the tax table should be redesigned so that it can be used with a vlookup formula -this would eliminate most of the brackets - it was difficult for me to read the picture attachment (a fault of my eyesight more than anything else) but I'm happy to help further if required -if it helps, my direct email is aidan.heritage@virgin.net

You didn't originally ask me this question, but I found it in the question pool which is where rejected questions end up - I do try never to reject questions!
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Aidan Heritage