Excel/printing a protected worksheet

Question
In excel 2007, if I enter any data in an unlocked cell of a protected worksheet,the print function is grayed-out. However, the print function is available if no data is entered in any unlocked cell of the worksheet.
The same worksheet will print normally if opened with excel 2010 and data is entered into those unlocked cells.
How can i print this worksheet in excel 2007?

Answer
Hi. Make sure that you have properly edited a cell and that the cursor is still active. (Not in Edit mode with a blinking cursor). What you said should ideally not happen and is not a bug. Upload your file somewhere, if you want me to test it out.

Shahid
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Shahid