Excel/Prorated Vacation

Question
I would like to know if there is a way to have our "Stored hours" spreadsheet calculate the accrued vacation time on a weekly basis.  For example:  An employee starts with a bank of 135 hours on Jan 1 based on a 45-hr work week, after working 3 weeks, they would have accumulated 7.8 hours.  We have a cell on this spreadsheet that shows vacation time, I would like that to update on a weekly basis.

Thank you

Answer
Nicole

yes
you can put in a formula that will accrue the vacation based on your criteria.  You haven't given me quite enough information to give you the formula but if you can give me the criteria for the vacatin accrual and where the data is in your worksheet I will help you with the formula.

I will make some assumptions and give you what I think is needed and maybe you can work it out from there.

Assume the total cumulative hours worked for an employee is in cell F1.
I am assuming that if 135 hours of work equals 7.8 hours of vacation then 1 hour of work equals .057778 hours of vacation.

So the formula for accrued vacation would be
Accumulated hours worked times .05778 equals accrued vacation.

or  in excel +F1*.05778

Hope this helps
Merry Christmas

Richard
Florida
USA
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Richard Roberts