Excel/Relate one main number to a colum

Question
Hi!

I have been trying to figure out one thing which is:

I want to have one "main number" and when I change this number, all other numbers on the same row (that relates to this number) also changes. Ex,

Insurance: 500 -- Lets say that this is the main number. (when I change this one i want the below ones to change too automatically.)
         500  
         500
         500

Lets say that instead of 500 i want to put 300. My question is how can i by only changing the main number make so that all the numbers below also changes to the same number automatically..

I am sorry if it is not a very clear explanation, i don really know how to explain this.

Thank you so much,

Kind regards
Karolina

Answer
Karolina:

Assuming the first, variable, value is in cell A1, then you would use this fomrula in all cells where you want the value to automatically change to match the first:

=$A$1

Just copy that formula to any cell where you wanted the 500 to automatically change whenever you change the value in cell A1 to any other value.

Please remember to donate.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Nathan