Excel/Reset Workbook to Default Values

I have a workbook with five tabs and multiple input cells in each sheet.  I would like to have a normal start state for each input and a reset button to reset each cell to its normal start state.  

Excel 2010

Hi Steve,

If you are looking for code to reset your sheets, I would no be able to help you with that as I have no idea how your sheets are set up.

You could save your workbook as a template
Save a workbook as a template.
The above link is the first one I found doing a "excel saveas template" search. There are tons of info on this topic.

I have seen others set the workbook as "Read Only". So the user can only save the workbook by a different name.
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Dave Morrison

I can answer most excel questions My Website is

I have been working with spreadsheets since 1991. I am a self-trained excel developer since 2005.

My website

Business admin. U of R.

Microsoft Excel MVP 2011-2012