Excel/SUMIF(S) to harvest from Pivot Table?

Question
Hi Bob.   I have a very large range that is a Pivot Table Source.  Within this range are a myriad of Date RowLabel fields such as "2012-M5" or "2012-W51" or "2012-Q2" (M=month, W=week, Q=quarter).  I want to use an Excel Formula such as SUMIF to harvest the Value-field data from these Row Labels.   

For example, I want to have two Master Input cells where the user can enter a START DATE and an END DATE,  and then have those input data linked to a SUMIF (or other) formula to gather the range of data.   However, I want to gather all Row Label data containing dates between the input Start Date and End Date into one place.   Let's say that I enter 1/8/2010 into the Start Date input  and 12/18/2012 into the End Date input.   I will want to see data gathered from EVERY ROW LABEL criteria between 1/8/2010 and 12/18/2012 which could be hundreds of rows worth of data summarized in one place.     

Bob, is it possible to gather multiple Row Label Data between two dates with one SUMIF or SUMIFS formula?  Or is there a better formula to use that can take a DATE RANGE and pull multiple Row Label data from that date range into one Summary cell?    I know that SUMIF does well with gathering all the data for a specific date criteria, but what about my situation where I want the data summed for multiple date criteria?

Thanks so much for your help here!

Answer
does 2012-M5 mean the range 5/1/12-5/31/12 and 2012-W51 means the 7 days of week 51 and 2012-Q2 is from 4/1/12-7/31/12?
If so, does 2012-W1 mean the first 7 days of 2012 or does that depend on the day of the week of 1/1/2012?
If you want to avoid a nasty long formula, you'd first have to do create 2 helper columns expanding on these rowlabel fields, so instad of 2012-M5 you'd have a start date of 5/1/12 and end date of 5/31/12, etc. Once that's known the SUMIF(S) or other function could be done. I think it'd be easier if you could send a sample wb to me - bobumlas@hotmail.com.
Also:
ANNOUNCEMENT:
There will be an Excel User Conference May 1-3 in California. There are 3 instructors: Bob Umlas(me) (an Excel MVP), Tom Urtis (an Excel MVP), and Szilvia Juhasz (an Excel trainer).
The location is either San Francisco or Los Angeles, still working out details. Please email me at bobumlas@hotmail.com if you think you may be interested and I will follow up with you when the details are known, including which city, agenda, cost, etc. Please use subject of "EUC Interest" in the email. Hope to see you there!

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Excel

Bob Umlas