Excel/table format in excel

I put my spreadsheet in a table format and now i can't get it out of table.  How do i do this without losing my information?

Julie -

This is simple, but not intuitive. Right-click anywhere in the table, and select Table > Convert to Range. It asks "Do You Want to Convert the Table to A Normal Range?", answer Yes. This removes the table, but retains formatting - which is good, because you won't have to reformat all of your number styles.
If you don't want to retain the table formatting [line colors, etc.] then alter the table to a Light style before the convert; or just deal with removing all the formatting after the convert.

Hope this helps - Andrea
About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Andrea Lynch

I am very familiar with teaching excel concepts, and formulas. I am not as capable with VBA questions.

I currently tutor in this area. I worked for four years developing curriculum and teaching Microsoft applications to adult audiences. I also previously volunteered for

BA, English, Western Washington University Certificates in C Programming, ASP.NET, VisualBasic.NET, University of Washington Extension

Rated in the top ten instructors (national), New Horizons Computer Learning Center.