Excel/VBA Solution

Hi Tom,

I have this code to find the last used row in column S. I want to copy that value into cell V4...what do I need to add?

rw = sh4.Cells(sh4.Rows.Count, "S").End(xlUp)

Thanks for the help,

first, instead of

you need

rw = sh4.Cells(sh4.Rows.Count, "S").End(xlUp).row

Dim rw as Long
Range("V4").Value = sh4.cells(rw, "S").Value

if V4 is in Sh4 then it would be

Dim rw as Long
sh4.Range("V4").Value = sh4.cells(rw, "S").Value

or just use

Range("V4").value = sh4.Cells(sh4.rows.count,"S").End(xlup).value

of if V4 is in Sh4

sh4.Range("V4").value = sh4.Cells(sh4.rows.count,"S").End(xlup).value

when Range("V4") is not quslified with Sh4, then it refers to the activesheet if the code is in general/standard module.  

Tom Ogilvy

About Excel
This topic answers questions related to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (or workbook) stand-alone or Mircrosoft Office Excel including Excel 2003, Excel 2007, Office 2000, and Office XP. You can get Excel help on Excel formulas(or functions), Excell macros, charting in Excel, advanced features, and the general use of Excel. This does not provide a general Excel tutorial nor the basics of using a spreadsheet. It provides specific answers to using Microsoft Excel only. If you do not see your Excel question answered in this area then please ask an Excel question here

Tom Ogilvy

Selected as an Excel MVP by Microsoft since 1999. Answering Excel questions in Allexperts since its inception in 2001. Able to answer questions on almost all aspects of Excel's internal capabilities. If seeking a VBA solution, please specify that in your question itself so I give you the answer you want. [Excel has weak protection - if you are distributing an application, I don't answer questions on how to protect your project from your users.]

Extensive experience.

Master of Science (MS) degree Operations Research (ORSA)

Microsoft MVP in Excel.